People depend on their diet to make their skin glow and also boost their immunity. Brian C Jensen however, what they do not understand is to give proper attention to their liver health. In times of COVID-19, health needs strict attention. You have to try and improve your immune system to take care of your safety. Besides this, you have to follow the reports of international authorities for added guidance. Time has come to give significance to the organs of the body. A balanced diet and good nutrition will help you to keep your liver healthy. Apart from this, regular physical exercise is another significant player that can keep the deadly pathogen away.
Brian C Jensen illustrates the functions of the liver
The liver is the central filter and powerhouse of the body. The food you eat goes inside the stomach and intestine with various proteins, enzymes, and bile. It is also a storehouse of minerals, vitamins, and also carbohydrates. Some of the significant functions of the liver are as follows:
- Store minerals and vitamins.
- Production and excretion of bile.
- Metabolize proteins, fats, and carbohydrates.
- Detoxification and blood purification.
- Immunity against infection and disease.
- How will you keep the liver healthy?
Various things can support liver health and its functions. It includes the following:
- Drink plenty of water.
- Avoid liver toxic medicines and alcohol.
- Consume a small number of proteins.
- Eat an organic and healthy diet.
- Detox liver regularly.
The food items that will keep your liver healthy
Of all the organs, the liver is the only organ that cleanses itself. Whatever you drink or eat is detoxified by the liver. It thereby maintains a balanced system It is here that Brian C Jensen provides readers with a list of food items, which can help to cleanse the liver naturally:
- Avocado: Avocado is a superfood of modern times. It contains distinct minerals, vitamins that improve overall health.
- Garlic: Garlic contains a distinct sulfur compound that activates liver enzymes. These enzymes are responsible for flushing out waste material and also toxins from the body.
- Green leafy vegetables:Green leafy vegetables like scale, spinach is rich in vitamin K, A, D, and antioxidants. These items help in purifying the blood and thereby take care of liver health.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is a powerful spice that helps in maintaining a healthy liver. It protects the liver from damage and thereby regenerates healthy liver cells.
- Beetroot: Beetroot acts as an antioxidant and also contains nitrates crucial for liver health. Moreover, it plays a vital role in reducing inflammation and take care of heart health.
- Green tea: Green tea contains antioxidants known as Catechins. Catechins play a significant role in liver detoxification and thereby reduces inflammation of the liver.
- Olive oil: The extracts of olive oil help prevent liver disease. Research reveals that olive oil is a powerful antioxidant that protects the liver from distinguished toxins.
- Walnuts: Generally speaking, nuts are high in vitamins, nutrients, antioxidants, and fats. It makes them beneficial for treating various disorders. Walnuts, on the other hand, are a rich source of arginine that is an amino acid.
- Fatty fish: Fatty fish contains Omega 3 fatty acids. It helps in reducing liver inflammation and prevents the accumulation of extra fat in the liver.
- Apples: Fiber-rich fruits such as apples help eliminate toxins from the body. In addition to this, it provides vital support to the digestive tract.
Apart from this, grapefruits and lemons are also beneficial in the case of liver functioning. They are a rich source of antioxidants that reduce inflammation and also prevent liver injury.
The role of organic herbs in liver functioning
Organic herbs play a crucial role in the cleansing of the liver. They are a rich source of antioxidants and hey Omega 3 fatty acids. Hence, take a quick look at the following organic herbs in details:
- Peppermint: Peppermint is an antioxidant useful in digestive symptoms. It promotes bile production and thereby takes care of liver functions.
- Chicory roots: It is a coffee substitute which is also called the liver tonic. It is helpful in case of liver disease and infection.
- Dandelion roots: It is a source of minerals and also vitamins. Moreover, dandelion roots have a mild laxative effect, which improves digestion. Plus, it lessens the load on the liver.
- Milk Thistle seeds: It is essential for maintaining liver health and acts as a blood purifier.
The liver plays a crucial role in body functioning. You have to keep the liver healthy in every possible manner. Hence, including food and juices is vital as it promotes liver fitness. These items will cleanse the liver inherently. Keep in mind that when internal organs are in proper order, the system works perfectly. Keeping away from junk food items and taking care of your diet is crucial.
Apart from this, you have to focus on regular physical exercise. Moderate to vigorous physical activity will help you in keeping the body in order. Drinking enough water is a must. When you keep all these things in mind, the liver and also other organs function properly. You may take the help of online articles which can guide you in this process. International institutions publish their research work on COVID-19 on their websites. These reports may be used for your benefit.